Performs administrative duties for executive management team. Responsibilities may include screening calls, making travel and meeting arrangements, preparing reports and financial data, and customer relations. Computer and internet literacy is a requirement. Must be able to provide backup to the Accounting position and support project estimating, job coordination and job costing functions. The position calls for flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors. Managerial
- Be a confident, competent decision-maker.
- Be self-reliant and a self-starter
- Relieve President of administrative detail and take initiative in his absence.
- Oversee special projects as assigned by the President.
- Coordinate company’s safety programs including scheduling the programs with the trainer and staff, preparing materials for safety meetings, completing safety applications, provide required safety documentation to customers, and keep first aid kits and MSDS books updated.
- Ensure the company’s compliance with EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) guidelines.
Estimating and Internal Project Management
- Source, organize and maintain materials for the Estimator, including documents, photography, questionnaires and safety requests.
- Provide administrative assistance to President on projects from start-up to completion.
- Process field paperwork.
- Perform general office clerical duties and maintain the front office.
- Acquire a strong understanding of the accounting features of the company’s software.
- Backup the Accounting position when necessary.
- Competency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Competency on the internet, including email, social media and advanced search capabilities.
- Willingness to learn new technology as it becomes available.
- Knowledge of ACT! (our customer database), Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate would be helpful, but not necessary as long as it can be picked up quickly.
- Ability to perform basic troubleshooting and problem resolution on smart devices, computer hardware and software.
- Share telephone responsibilities: answer the multi-line phone and screen calls, take messages and assist callers.
- Handle all inquiries within your capacity.
- Arrange callbacks to the protect the time of the President and the Estimator.
- Collect necessary information to assist President and Estimator with their callbacks.
Job Cost Analysis
- Enter cost information in Time Studies for historical data.
- Prepare for weekly job cost meetings.
- Develop necessary reports for data entry and analysis.
- Organizational – Able to prioritize responsibilities and projects and switch gears at any given moment. Perform and balance all aspects of daily operations, while handling special projects and receiving numerous interruptions. Must enjoy working in an ever-changing environment that is very hectic in the warm weather months and slower in the winter. Be detailed, organized, and have strong follow-through skills. Handle work accurately and carefully, but always on a timely basis.
- Administrative – Must be able to type and process documents quickly and accurately. Assist with accounting responsibilities during the Accounting personnel’s vacations of busy season.
- Character and Behavioral – Must enjoy working in a small office and team-oriented environment. Must be friendly and flexible, but mature and professional. Must be assertive enough to get the jobs done and make decisions, but communicate with tact and work with a spirit of helpfulness. Ability to handle duties with a high degree of responsibility and expertise but be just as willing to help out with duties such as answering the telephone and making coffee.
- Common Sense – Because this position is so widely diverse, it requires a levelheaded individual with a high degree of common sense. Must be confident in the work they produce and the decisions they make. Must be able to stay calm and professional even when things get hectic.
- Hours Negotiable
- Compensation Package
- Compensation: $36,000 - $50,000
- Vacation: 2 weeks after 1 year - 3 weeks after 5 years
- Holidays: 6-7 paid holidays
- Health Insurance: 100% paid health insurance for entire family or cash incentive in lieu of insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Profit Sharing Program
- Safety Incentive Rewards Program